This group was developed to help strengthen family relationships between fathers and children. The Great Sun Nation Longhouse experience enables father and child to have fun while sharing new adventures.
As the parent, you have the tremendous opportunity to get to know your child. Spending quality one-on-one time with your child will help build a strong bond of trust and memories that will last a lifetime.
The Great Sun Nation is a proud member of the Native Sons and Daughters Programs. http://www.nationallonghouse.org/
- Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
- Expand awareness of spirit, mind, and body.
- Provide the framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together.
- Enhance the quality of family time.
- Emphasize the vital role that parents play in the growth and development of their children.
The Great Sun Nation believes great bonding revolves around a camping trip. We host trips all over the state of Florida, where fathers can bond with their children without electronics “screen time” and other distractions of daily life.
Trips are generally planned for the cooler months of the year, from October through April (excluding December). Locations may vary each year, but have included campgrounds such as Westgate River Ranch, Circle F Dude Ranch, Lion Country Safari KOA, Peace River Campground, and more.